Traditionally, dogs are seen as impure, and therefore the islamic legal tradition has developed many injunctions that warn Muslims against most contact with dogs. Unfortunately, several Muslims have used this read to justify the abuse and neglect of dogs, despite the fact that cruelty contradicts the Qur’an’s read that every one animals type “communities like you.” we have a tendency to gift several articles examining the place of dogs in Islam.
Animal abuse, cruelty, and neglect type a part of the numerous social ills plaguing the Muslim community.
Let ME clarify a couple of myths and create a couple of points:
- it’s NOT haraam to own a dog, though it’s not healthful to stay a dog within the house.
- it’s NOT haraam to touch a dog or the other animal. If the spit of a dog touches you or any a part of your wear, then it’s needed of you to clean the part touched and therefore the item of wear touched by the dog’s mouth or snout.
- it’s incumbent upon all Muslims who own animals, whether or not for farming or work functions or as pets, to produce adequate shelter, food, water, and, when needed, veterinary care for their animals. Arrangements should be created, if one goes to be aloof from home, to own one’s animals taken care of also.
- it’s haraam to keep a dog or the other animal on a brief lead for long periods while not food, water, and shelter. Dogs want exercise and ar social creatures who type organized “family” structures in nature. Dog homeowners so have to be compelled to pay time daily with their dogs.
- it’s cruel, and so haraam, to keep any animal during a cage therefore tiny that it cannot behave during a natural means.
- Fireworks cause much suffering to most domestic animals thanks to their acute sense of hearing.
- it’s haraam to participate in any blood “sport,” like dog fighting and trophy searching.
No animal has been cursed in any way. Animals ar remarked in several instances within the Qu’ran. In Surah Kahf, mention is created of the companions of the Cave and their dog. (S18: 18-22)
We would love for God to bestow His mercy upon us, therefore let’s show mercy and compassion to any or all His creation. This will additionally offer non-Muslims a real reflection of Islam, aiding da’wah.
There ar several Muslims who care well for his or her animals, and this text is aimed toward those that ar misinformed.
The attractiveness goes intent on those Muslims: Please don’t abuse or neglect any animal. This gives a distorted image to others who aren’t Muslim.
May Allah be pleased with our efforts.